The Sycamore School supports school-aged students with ASD, who do not have access to adequate supports in other schools. The young persons learning ability and capacity to move into less specialised settings are considered during the enrolment process. The schoolcaters for young people from Prep to Year 10.
Eligibility for Admission
The school defines the following eligibility for admission:
- Students must have a primary diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- It is preferred that young people reside within the catchment, but the school also accepts young people who live outside of the catchment area who have reliable transport arrangements to and from school.
- Students must turn five years old by 30th June for enrolment into the Preparatory year.
- Students must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate VISA.
- The Principal approves the student’s enrolment at The Sycamore School.
Please note that the school does not employ nurses or medical staff and as such, are not equipped to take students with complex medical needs.
When an Application for Enrolment form is received, the school will acknowledge receipt via email, and the young person will be added to our Enrolment Expressions of Interest (EOI) list. When a vacancy becomes available, the young people on our Expression of Interest List will be contacted. The young people on the EOI list will also be considered towards the end of each year when we prepare class lists for the following year.
Please click here to view our enrolment process.
To keep additional billing for families down to a minimum we have endeavoured to make this fee as all-inclusive as possible. Our fees are all inclusive and no additional levies are payable during the year for excursions, incursions, books, stationery or any additional needs that arise within a class.
Fortnightly, termly and annual payment options are available. Termly and annual payments can be made via Direct Debit, BPay, EFTPOS or Cash. Fortnightly payments are processed via Direct Debit.
Tuition Fees for 2021
Junior School (Prep-Year 6) $8,000 per student per year.
High School (Year 7-9) $8,300.00 per student per year.
There may be a small tuition fee increase from next year. If the school increases the fees for a term by more than 10% of the fees payable for the preceding term, you may terminate this enrolment contract by notice in writing to us given within fourteen (14) days of the date on which we notify you of the increase.
Sibling discounts may apply.